House d'Vhid Forum

The message board for Exaria's House d'Vhid.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Level 1 and level 2 Access

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Baron_Cunedda

PostSubject: Level 1 and level 2 Access   Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:32 pm

Hey Val...if memory serves me correctly, dont we have the power to grant limited access for non-vhid members and then full access to d'vhid members on the boards...

I remember, that people could log on, join the boards..read certain areas only...that we gave them access too.. Example...if Paus would log on, he could join our boards, but be limited to certain sections...but for Varlaxle, he would be given more access, being a vhid member...accessing the majority of all the sections...

Ugh! I need more free time, to create the Plotline Section, then subsections of Suggestions for Plotline and Current Ongoing Plotlines. them make sure, that only D'Vhid Members can see it... also, being apart of Exaria, we will need to give the DM's/Staff access to our forums, ...I dont think, they get Admin access, but something close to it...I will chat with rorrim..when Iget free time...UGH! gotta go...kids need deft hand, in molding their minds for football....see ya! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhanis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Level 1 and level 2 Access   Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:39 pm

What I can do is make a player group called "d'Vhid members" members or something and only grant access to those members. It won't be hard at all. Right now the general discussion forum is open to public viewing, the roleplaying forum is only open to forum members, but anyone can be a member right now. I'll just make a group and manually add new d'Vhid initiates as they come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://housedvhid.forumotion.com
Baron_Cunedda

PostSubject: Re: Level 1 and level 2 Access   Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:07 pm

Valhanis wrote:
What I can do is make a player group called "d'Vhid members" members or something and only grant access to those members. It won't be hard at all. Right now the general discussion forum is open to public viewing, the roleplaying forum is only open to forum members, but anyone can be a member right now. I'll just make a group and manually add new d'Vhid initiates as they come.

Go ahead and do this...as only d'Vhid members can see all the board, as we grow...the guests/non-Vhid members can only see limited sections.

This is the thought of what I want. Since I can't figure out yet, how to do it.

Level 1 access: Guests/Non-d'Vhid Members
Level 2 Access: d'Vhid Members Only
Level 3 Access: Moderators
Level 4 Acesss: Admin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Valhanis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Level 1 and level 2 Access   Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:35 am

I've taken care of it.

Now only d'Vhid members should be able to see that last two forums. I've left the role playing board open to members and this board open to guests.

We should really consider making a post that details the hierarchy, and another post in this forum stating what we are for any new members who might want to join up later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://housedvhid.forumotion.com
Baron_Cunedda

PostSubject: Re: Level 1 and level 2 Access   Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:29 pm

If memory serves me right, we had this hierarchy.

Social Rankings
Most drow societies have some sort of noble class, as social station is the most important thing in the world of the drow. The nobility consists of powerful, matriarchal Houses, with females holding all positions of power and responsibility in government, the military, and in the home.

Such Houses are led by a Matron Mother, who is most often the senior female priestess. The Matron's rule is absolute within the House, enforced by the priestesses beneath her (usually her daughters). All females of the mother's blood, in order of their age, follow in rank, although they wield no authority until they are trained and of age. The Matron's position only changes upon her death--often at the hands of her eldest daughter.

Below the daughters come the male officers of the House: the Weapons Master (leader of the fighters), (chief) House Wizard, and the Patron (current consort of the Matron Mother). These ranks may be combined, and even held by the traditional next rank down in the heirarchy: the male heirs of the House.
Male heirs are also ranked by age: Elderboy, Secondboy, Thirdboy, and so on (though the title of Thirdboy would technically fall to the fourth male born, as the third son is always sacrificed to Lolth upon birth; the one exception to this rule is if one of the elder males is killed before the third male child is born). They are not allowed to look at the faces of other drow, or speak unless spoken to or bidden. This treatment teaches them their subordinate place in drow society.
The next tier within the House heirarchy are the "war-leaders" of the House (veteran warriors, who lead House patrols, attack squads, and guards, under the command of the Weapons Master), and the House mages (under the command of the House Wizard).
Beneath these "blood" members and officials of the House rank is common warriors, its craftspeople, its servants, and its slaves. All ranks are decreed by, and can be changed at the whim of, the Matron Mother.

So, basically...using this template and modifying it for Exaria...

Ilharess (Matron Mother)
Female Clerics
1st Daughter (Ust Dalharil) Yathtallar (High Priestess)
2nd Daughter (drada Dalharil) Yathrin (Priestess)
3rd Daughter (Llarnbuss Dalharil) Yathrin (Priestess)
4th Daughter (Quenar Dalharil) Yath'abban (Temple Agent)

Ilharn (Patron, at the whim of the Ilharess)

Next this level is equal
The Blades The Magus The Whispers
The Weapons Master Qu'el'faeruk (House wizard)
Faern (Wizard)
M'elzar (Mage)
Zhaunin (Apprentice)

I can flesh this out more later...when I have more time... In drow society, rank is everthing and the life blood of intrique and fun. The Whispers are yours... You rule them for now..*wink* I will do more research and flesh this out... right now, as it stands, with the current population still low. Mallin rules the Magus and you the whispers with Varnaxle under you... If you have ideas or want to add to this, feel free to speak up..anyone...this group is OUR group, not mine, nor Val's...we always go as a group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level 1 and level 2 Access   

Back to top Go down

Level 1 and level 2 Access
Page 1 of 1